The Sage 100 2016 release included over 20 upgraded features, all aimed at improving ease of use: with Sage 100 2016, it’s now easier to stay compliant, enter data, set preferences, print and customize reports, and automate sales order expiration dates.
Other Sage 100 2016 improvements allow you to:
- Stay compliant with new Affordable Care Act requirements
- Outsource payroll with Sage Payroll Services
- Simplify everyday tasks with new preference settings
- Save time with improved Accounts Payable reporting and printing options
- Improve accuracy and communication in Accounts Receivable with customer memos
- Automate sales order expiration dates
- Resize and anchor controls in a custom Office environment for better data entry
- Reorganize and simplify tasks with a modernized version of Sage Fixed Assets
- Apply, activate, and manage credit payments with the Sage Payment Center
But perhaps the most important 2016 enhancement is Sage 100cloud (Sage 100c).
What's the Difference Between Sage 100 and Sage 100cloud?
Sage 100cloud is a modernized, subscription-only, “deluxe” version of Sage 100 2016. With a fresh user interface and mobile access, Sage 100cloud has the same functionality of Sage 100 2016 – just with a shorter learning curve.
With its modernized interface, Sage 100cloud offers an improved user experience that:
- Makes navigation easier with customized fonts on the desktop and task windows as well as customizable desktop themes and color schemes
- Improves security by allowing users to access only authorized information
- Shows persistent web content and gives you fast access to commonly-used websites.
- Activates services like Sage Payments and Sage Payroll quickly and easily
- Offers improved application scaling so you can change the resolution of your screen to fit properly on high-definition screens
- Improves access to the new, modernized Business Insights Dashboard
When announcing Sage 100cloud at Sage Summit in 2015, Sage said,
Sage 100cloud will give you the freedom to stay with the trusted solution that you've counted on for years. You'll have the confidence to leverage new technology at your own pace without disrupting your business.
Who Can Use Sage 100cloud and When?
Sage 100cloud is available now! If you're a Sage 100 user on a maintenance plan, you can upgrade to either Sage 100 2016 or Sage 100cloud. If you're a new user or not on a maintenance plan, you can upgrade directly to Sage 100cloud.
When you move to Sage 100cloud, you’ll benefit from a modernized user experience that will shorten your learning curve and increase your efficiency. And because you’re already using Sage 100, you’ll get it all without disrupting your current workflow.
Ready to take advantage of smoother workflows and greater flexibility? Contact Southeast Computer Solutions about upgrading to Sage 100 2016 or Sage 100cloud today.